Utah is home to many things to enjoy, experience, and explore during the summer, especially riding a motorcycle. Those who ride motorcycles are aware of the dangers when traveling on the road, including limited visibility. Because motorcycles are less protected and smaller than cars, there are more injuries and fatalities when involved in an accident. In addition, a motorcycle accident can leave you or your loved ones wondering how to pay for medical bills and other accident-related costs.
Let the Gordon Law Group help you with your motorcycle accident case and get you and your family the compensation needed to move forward after the accident. Having a Heber City motorcycle accident lawyer by your side can help you every step of your case.
Common Causes and Types of Motorcycle Accidents
Both vehicle drivers and motorcyclists have been responsible for accidents. Due to the alarming amount of auto accidents involving motorcycles, it is imperative to know some common causes of these accidents, which may help prevent future accidents.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents in Utah include:
- Head-On Collisions: This type of accident typically occurs when either the vehicle or motorcycle moves into the wrong lane and both strike head-on. Typically, these accidents often result in being fatal for the motorcyclist.
- Vehicles Turning Left: When a motorcycle is traveling through the intersection, passing a car, or is trying to overtake, the car is often struck by cars turning left. In this type of accident, the driver of the vehicle turning left is typically held responsible for the accident.
- Lane Filtering: Lane filtering occurs when the motorcycle drives between two slowly moving or stopped traffic lanes. This method is only legal in Utah when the speed limit exceeds 45 mph and never on freeways. Sometimes the other vehicles on the road are not expecting a motorcycle to be coming through between traffic lanes and can sometimes strike the motorcycle when changing lanes.
- Speeding: Speeding is one of the most common causes of motorcycle accidents.
- Alcohol: Riding a motorcycle while intoxicated also accounts for many accidents.
- Fixed Objects: A percentage of deaths related to motorcycles involve motorists striking a fixed object, such as a sign, fire hydrant, tree, fence, or curb.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcycle accidents almost always result in injury to the motorcyclist and, in many situations, can turn their life upside down. Some motorcycle accident injuries may include:
- Neck injuries
- Back injuries
- Should injuries
- Herniated discs
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Headaches and migraines
- Bruised ribs
- Loss of life
Speak with your Heber City Personal injury attorney about the injuries sustained from your motorcycle accident.
Motorcycle Accident Compensation
People who have been involved in a motorcycle accident may be eligible for compensation. For example, if you had a steady job before the accident but could not work due to your injuries, you could be entitled to enough compensation to replace your income.
Compensation should also cover all current and future medical bills and pain and suffering. It is always best to seek legal advice from a personal injury attorney in Heber City UT.
Call to Schedule an Appointment with a Heber City Utah Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you have been involved in a Heber City Utah motorcycle accident, an attorney can use state personal injury laws to help pursue a successful accident case. The attorneys at Gordon Law Group can help gather all necessary evidence, file paperwork, and appear with you in court. Call our office today to speak with a Heber accident attorney and learn how we can get you the compensation that you deserve.