family staycationInjured while on a Utah Staycation? Can I get compensation for my injuries?

With COVID travel restrictions, many individuals and families have decided to have staycations rather than traveling. During a staycation, persons may have been injured while involved in various activities or while on the property of another. If you or a loved one were injured while on a Utah staycation, then you may be entitled to compensation. The injury lawyers in Heber Utah from Gordon Law Group can discuss with you whether your case qualifies for compensation.

When does an injury case qualify for compensation?
When a person is injured and those injuries are the result of another’s negligence, then it could give rise to a claim for compensation. Negligent behavior is anything that is unreasonable under the circumstances. When a person is negligent, then the law may require them to compensate you for your injuries and other damages sustained in the accident.

How do you pursue a claim?
A claim for compensation usually begins by making a demand on the responsible party’s insurer. An insurance adjuster will review the claim and determine whether to make payment or deny liability. If the insurer denies liability or offers a sum that is insufficient, then you can pursue a lawsuit through the court.

The amount of compensation should be an amount that covers your medical bills and compensates you for other damages you have experienced, such as pain and suffering, lost wages, emotional distress, and property damages. An attorney can help you know what a fair settlement amount is under the circumstances.

How can an attorney help?
Personal injury cases can be complicated and insurance adjusters will try to settle for as little as possible. An attorney will advocate for you to receive a fair settlement and will help you know what to expect. If you have been injured in an accident, contact Gordon Law Group to speak with our experienced injury lawyers in Heber Utah.