With so many trucking companies and trucks that go through the Heber Valley, accidents happen almost every day. Victims of these accidents suffer severe injuries and have to deal with economic losses, from medical bills to loss of income.
If you’re involved in a truck crash in Utah, you have the right to seek compensation. However, you might not get a fair settlement if you do everything yourself. You need to contact Heber personal injury attorneys to help pursue your case and ensure you get fair compensation.
Common Trucking Accidents
Due to the length and size of the vehicle, truck accidents are very common in Utah. These accidents take many forms, including:
- Blindspots: Due to the truck’s size, the truck driver may sometimes lose sight of other small vehicles. They end up throwing them off the road or crushing them.
- Jackknife accidents: The truck can fold into itself at a 90-degree angle. This causes the truck to overturn or roll over and hit other vehicles.
- Wide turn: When truck drivers make a right turn, they swing left, resulting in a wide turn. When they don’t consider the traffic behind them or the length of the truck, they may hit other cars.
- Lost load: When the truck is not loaded appropriately, the load may fly out of the vehicle hitting pedestrians and other vehicles.
Heber Accident Attorneys will represent you if you’re a victim of any of the above truck accidents or others that are not mentioned here.
Common Truck Accident Causes
While sometimes accidents are unavoidable, others occur due to carelessness. Understanding the common causes of some accidents can help you avoid them and save lives.
- Driver fatigue: Truck accidents cover so many miles in a day without resting to meet delivery deadlines. When they get tired and become drowsy or fall asleep behind the wheels, their truck may collide with other vehicles, causing fatal accidents.
- Distracted driving: There are many ways drivers get distracted while on the road. The distractions include using a cellphone, eating, grooming, and outside distractions. They may not respond immediately and control the vehicle in an emergency.
- Speeding: When truck drivers go beyond the recommended speed limit, the vehicles may become very hard to control. When they lose control of the truck, they risk overturning or hitting other vehicles.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): It’s against the law for commercial vehicle drivers to consume alcohol or any drug that can impair their judgment while on the road. DUI driving is one of the leading causes of truck accidents in Utah. Accident Attorneys in Heber can help you prove that the driver was under the influence.
- Mechanical failure: Trucks are doomed to fail when not properly maintained. A mechanical failure can cause the brakes to fail, leading to an accident.
Common Injuries Obtained in a Truck Accident
Since trucks are large vehicles that are often hard to control, their accidents are more catastrophic. Heber trucking accident lawyers can help you file for a claim if you suffer the following injuries:
- Broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Spinal injuries
- Head trauma
- Head and neck injuries
- Tissue and muscle damage
You don’t have to incur the cost of treatment or other expenses if you suffer an accident due to another person’s negligence. Trucking accident attorneys in Heber will help you file for compensation for the medical costs, property damage, loss of income, and other expenses.
Contact Gordon Law Group Today
Filing a personal injury claim yourself may not yield any good results. Heber lawyers are here to ensure you get the compensation you deserve after a truck accident. Experienced Heber trucking accident attorneys know how to negotiate with insurance companies, so you get fair and proper compensation. Give us a call, and let’s handle your case.